To achieve the objects of the Association as enumerated above, we undertake the following functions and activities:-
1. The Association is publishing a tax journal every month under the name and style of “THE TAX ADVISOR” from Thiruvananthapuram. Articles on taxation, court decisions, circulars, question & answers on tax issues, information about tax administrations etc comprise its subject matter. The magazine has a wide appreciation and popularity among both our members and the business community.
2. We are conducting periodic Taxation Seminars relating Income Tax, VAT, Service Tax & Works Contract etc.. Eminent faculties on the subjects lead classes and interactive sessions.
3. We have projects like KTPA Members Welfare Fund to provide financial support to our members when needed.
4. We provide Personality Development and Soft Skill classes to our members to boost their humane qualities and professional ethics and quality.
5. The Commercial Taxes Department has appointed our representatives in the District Level VAT Advisory Committees and our suggestion and recommendations aimed at alleviation the problems of the trading community in taxation matters are duly considered by the authorities.
6. We provide timely representations and suggestions to the Government to remove the anomalies and difficulties in the administration of the tax laws.
7. We undertake an Accounting and Taxation Course under our banner “KTPA ACADEMIC COUNCIL” to impart fruitful training to commerce graduates to equip them to become competent Tax Practitioners.
And the list continues….